CAM’s Government Affairs Committee’s role is to identify governmental issues and/or trends which impact upon the construction industry in Michigan. The committee will research these concerns and advise the CAM Board of Directors.
To achieve this objective, the committee’s responsibility is to:
- Seek to improve the national, state and local business climate for contractors, sub-contractors, supplies and others involved in the construction industry, and the business community at large
- Facilitate communication between CAM members, elected officers, staff members, and governmental leaders regarding pertinent issues and/or trends
- Position CAM as an important and politically active entity within the Michigan construction industry working in concert with other construction related organizations
- Seek the advice, counsel and view of fellow CAM members regarding present issues and trends
- Advise and coordinate CAM’s Governmental Affairs firm
- Increase awareness and appreciation of CAM, its members, and its role within the construction industry to governmental leaders and agencies
For more information, or if you are interested in serving on the CAM Government Affairs Committee, please contact James (Jim) Oleksinski, M.A., J.D., LL.M, Governmental Relations Liaison, email@example.com, or complete the application below.