We are seeking High School Juniors, who live in Detroit and attend school in Detroit, for a unique internship opportunity in the construction industry! The first year of the program provides an understanding of how things are built with a second year focused on specific job training in selected fields.
For additional information please contact:
Click here to access the Online Application.
The 3D Program is a unique program designed to introduce high school juniors to the construction industry. Once enrolled in the program, students will learn about various career options ranging from building development and finance, to architecture, to construction management and skilled trades. Students will attend a five day training program (Phase I), then progress into a seven week internship (Phase II). Students will earn $12/hour throughout Phases II. After the internship, students will enter into the final phase of the program. During this phase students will gain skills to prepare for the workforce.
• Must have a Minimum GPA of 2.7
• Must demonstrate proficiency in math and reading
• Submission of one letter of recommendation from a counselor, teacher or member of the community
(Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: EDSI, Attn: Michelle Knierim, 15300 Commerce Drive, North, Dearborn, MI 48120)
• Must be able to attend the entire boot camp, internship and industry specific training
• Learn about the construction industry and career pathway opportunities
• Attend a 5 day boot camp training to gain basic knowledge of the construction industry and workplace readiness skills
• Develop strong communication and interviewing skills
Some additional skills will include but not be limited to: decision making, occupational requirements, problem-solving, time management and planning
• 7-Week paid Internship
• Gain industry experience and acquire a valuable skill set through actual experience
INTERNSHIP POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN:
• Construction Development and Finance
• Architecture, Engineering
• Construction Management
• Building Trades
• Extended industry specific training
• Builds off of knowledge gained in phases 1 & 2
• Prepares students to transition into a career pathway in the industry upon graduation from high school
| Download Application Here